Saturday, November 1, 2014

Talkin' 'bout My Food Obsession ... !

Okay, so maybe I have a little bit of a food obsession.  I love it.  Almost all of it.  I say "almost" because there are a few things that will never make it into my food obsession.  You know, slimy stuff like snails (even if you call it by a fancy-schmancy name like escargot) and okra and stuff.  But not oysters.  I love oysters.  Especially if they're coated in cornmeal and fried to a crispy crunch on the outside but still bursting with juice from the inside.  Just don't look at 'em once you've bitten one. Eek.

Don't LOOK, I said!  You don't want to KNOW, I said!
Anyway, back to my food obsession.  It sucks, really, because I do NOT have an exercise obsession.  So I try to keep the food obsession under control.  But you know, it's not like smoking -- you can't just quit cold turkey, or at all.  And therein lies my battle.

Ugh.
But that's not really what this blog is going to be about -- not about me and my food issues.  It's going to be about the RESULT of those food issues, which turns out to be a collection of oh-my-god-that-is-really-the-best-thing-i've-ever-eaten recipes that I just can't keep to myself any longer.  I'll be posting both the family recipes that caused my food obsession to begin with and new favorites that literally feed my food obsession.  And I would love to hear from you if you become obsessed, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment